Frequently Asked Questions
How do I subscribe to reminders for festival submission deadlines?
Promoter offers a curated calendar with information and submission deadline dates about important game festivals and competitions such as IGF, IndieCade, PAX and many more. To see the calendar, login to your account and click on the Calendar link in the top navigation bar.
To get notified of submission deadlines via email, first click on your name in the top navigation bar. Then select an option from the dropdown menu labeled Email festival reminders.
How do I invite users to my account?
- Login to your account.
- Click on the Users link in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the Invite user button.
- Enter the name and email address of the new user and click the Send invitation button. Promoter will send an invitation email to the new user with instructions how to login.
How do I turn email notifications for mentions on or off?
- Click on Your Settings in the top navigation bar.
- Check the products you want to get notified about when Promoter finds a press mention.
- Confirm with Save changes.
How do I add sites to the auto-detection?
Promoter crawls through the RSS feeds of over 1190 gaming and app related websites in real-time. To ensure the quality of the auto-detection the selection of the sites is curated. Click on Sites in the top navigation bar to see a list of all feeds. If you'd like a site to be added, please let me know by clicking on Give feedback in the top navigation bar.
What's the difference between reviews and mentions?
To keep things simple, an article with a numerical score (e.g. 9 out of 10) is always called a review. Everything else is called a mention.
How do I filter gaming sites by platform?
- Click on Sites in the top navigation.
- Click on the label of the platform you want to filter the sites by, e.g. iOS.
How do I show selected reviews and awards on my website?
You have access to the following data:
- Product title
- Date of publication
- Numerical rating
- Name of publication
- Name of reviewer
- Award title
How do I delete my account?
If you want to delete your account, please contact me via Give feedback in the top navigation bar and I'll delete your account and all data within the account.